Hemisphere is a nationally renowned brownfield redeveloper. We routinely take title to property, oversee remediation and demolition, and deliver clean clear land, which we then redevelop.
We do not have a strong geographic preference, although at this time most of our portfolio is located within the Midwest. We will travel anywhere in the U.S. for the right opportunity. Sites in our real estate development portfolio generally meet the investment criteria identified below. However, exceptions are made for compelling real estate with a unique attribute that creates exceptional value once the site has been remediated.
In general we:
- View deals from a long-term ownership perspective (e.g. would we want to own this site ten years from now?)
- Are not deterred by any type of environmental contamination
- Prefer deals with at least twenty contiguous acres
- Prefer, for existing, re-usable facilities, at least 100,000 sq. ft. of space
- Prefer deals in vibrant real estate markets
- Do not have a preferred real estate product type (i.e. retail, residential, industrial, etc.) for our redevelopments.